Lifetime Replacement Warranty Explained
Starfire Tires offer a no nonsense Lifetime Replacement warranty to give you peace of mind that your tyre is covered for the lifetime of the tyre.
Starfire warrants to the original purchaser that if a Starfire tyre becomes unservicable in private vehicle use as a result of a defect in workmanship or materials during the tread life* of the tyre, it will be replaced at no charge with a new tyre of the same size and pattern, subject to availability.
What is covered and for how long?
Starfire warrants to the original purchaser that if a Starfire tyre becomes unservicable in private vehicle use as a result of a defect in workmanship or materials during the treadlife (see definition), it will be replaced as defined below.
When the tread becomes worn down to 1.6mm (shown by tread wear indicators moulded into the tread grooves) the tyre is worn out and this warranty ends.
The consumer must pay for mounting, balancing and any other additional charges, or the acceptance by the consumer of a higher priced replacement tyre.
What is not covered?
This warranty does not cover tyres that become unservicable due to:
1. Conditions resulting from road hazards, suchs as cuts, snags, impact damage or punctures.
2. Conditions resulting from improper installation, wheel misalignment, or tyre/wheel assemby imbalance.
3. Conditions resulting from consumer damage, such as improper tyre and vehicle maintenance, misuse, abuse or accident.
4. Passenger car tyres used in any commercial application.
5. Ride complaints after the first 1mm tread wear.
6. Ozone or weather cracking on tyre over four (4) years from date of purchase.
7. Tyres that are worn to 1.6mm tread depth or more than 72 months old (based on date or purchase) whichever comes first.